December 12, 2010

Easy Chicken & Dumplings

I call this "easy" because I don't make my own dumplings...I use canned biscuits. I also use chicken breasts instead of a whole chicken because I always have those on hand. It's such a great meal for a cold day.

Ingredients
2 - 3 chicken breasts
1 onion, chopped
2 cups celery, chopped
2 cups carrots, chopped
3 - 4 tablespoons butter
1 container of chicken broth
3 chicken bouillon cubes
1 bay leaf
1 large can biscuits (I use Grands by Pillsbury)
Salt and pepper to taste

Saute onions, carrots and celery in butter until tender. Add broth, bouillon cubes, bay leaf and bring to a boil. Add chicken and cook until tender. Once chicken is cooked, remove from broth and shred. Add chicken back to broth and simmer. Pinch off pieces of biscuit dough and stir. Let simmer for about 10 minutes or until dough pieces are cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment